Monday, October 5, 2015

Day 22 - An International Friendship

It's been said that a dog is man's best friend, and apparently it is the kind of friendship that crosses international boundaries. 

Our dog Manny is a great dog and he and Minjae are becoming good pals. Minjae has always been kind and interested in the dog but I have noticed in the last week or so that he is playing with Manny much more. I hear him calling him, "Come here Manny." Minjae also likes to have Manny sit and shake.

On Saturday Minjae got a little taste of the negative of having a dog when I sent him and Jacob out into the back yard to pick up Manny's poops. Guess which kid did the most complaining about being given such a "crappy" (his words, lol) job? Hint...he is not Korean.....!!!

Yesterday I watched a pretty funny interaction between the two of them. Minjae was in the kitchen eating a salami sandwich (which he thought was pepperoni before I told him differently) and Manny was sitting on the floor right in front of him just waiting/praying for a crumb to drop on the ground. Minjae kept offering his hand for Manny to shake, and Manny kept "shaking" it hoping for a treat. I didn't want to interrupt the moment so I chucked to myself and walked away.



No comments:

Post a Comment