Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Day 5 - First Time at Youth Group


Tonight Jacob and Minjae went to Center Youth Group for the first time. This is the student ministries for CANVAS Church students in grades 6-12. Holy cow.....I can't believe Jacob is old enough for youth group!!!!


When I went to pick them up they were having fun playing 4-Square. Of course I jumped right in and played a few rounds myself. Jacob had so much fun and when we got home I heard him say to himself, "That was awesome. I am going every week!" I didn't say anything but I was secretly very happy to hear that. I asked Minjae if he enjoyed it and he said yes. He also said he really liked playing 4-Square and that he had never played before. Minjae showed me his Bible on the way to the church and it is really cool because it had Korean on one side and English on the other. I am thankful we have a student who goes to church and can be a friend for Jacob there.


Before youth group I was able to help Minjae with a couple math problems. I was also able to explain a few English words in his textbook. Minjae is a very smart kid and a very kind kid. I am very happy to him as a part of our family.

New foods today...
*BLT sandwiches

New things he learned...
* Stephanie taught him what a wedgie is
* Learned English math expressions for 'times' and 'divided by'

No comments:

Post a Comment