Saturday, September 26, 2015

Day 15 - Minjae Meets the Dunas Police

Just when you thought Minjae's time with us couldn't get any more exciting, I went ahead and let him experience what it is like when you get pulled over! Tonight I was making a run to Cub Foods to get some smoothie supplies. I took the back roads through Dundas because, as I told Andrew and Minjae, "they re less traffic, no stop lights and probably no cops." The part about the cops was supposed to be a joke. Not less than 5 minutes later as I turned left at a stop light the light went on behind me and I was pulled over. Andrew and Minjae couldn't believe it.

I knew why I was getting pulled over right away. My tabs are expired. I had a great conversation with the officer. When I told him I was getting smoothie supplies for my new Vitamin Blender he asked if I got it at the MN State Fair. He started laughing because he got one there too! He was telling me about all the great things you can make with it. It was a pretty hilarious situation all around.

Minjae said people don't get pulled over like this in Korea. He said the police give cars tickets for illegal parking and stuff. He told me they have cameras that take pictures of illegal turns, failure to stop and speeding, and that they just mail your ticket. He asked me what the 'tabs' are and then he asked me what the police do with the money when you buy new tabs. He said it didn't make sense. And I agree.


In other Minjae news tonight...

While all the other kids were gone with friends I introduced Minjae to the game Othello. This is a game I used to play at my grandpa and grandma's house. Minjae liked the game despite me beating him. He wanted to play three games. In the picture I told him to do a thumbs down sign. I asked if he knew what that meant and he did not. I explained what it means when you do a thumbs up or thumbs down. I'll have to keep my eyes open to see if he does it in the future.

























Quick hits....
- Today I explained to Minjae what "motivation" means.
- Adam walked down to our house tonight and he and Minjae were hanging out in the yard and shooting hoops in the driveway.

Foods Minjae did not like...
- Cottage Cheese
- We found out last night that Minjae absolutely does not like peanut butter. Too salty he said. He revealed that during a game we were playing when everyone had to answer the question, "Share something that no one else knows about you." I'm glad I know that because I'v been putting PB&J sandwiches in cold lunches. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment